A trip into the mountains to the bustling local market of Bac Ha. Many ethnic minorities converge here to buy and sell their goods in a real local experience. It’s the best place to experience the unique ethnic vibe of the region.
Sapa is the mountainous region in the North West of Vietnam. Sapa natural landscape is combined with the beauty of local ethnic people along with the beauty of mountains, the green of the forests. It looks like a picture is arranged in a harmonious arrangement creating a region with many scenes. Sapa is also famous for its ethnic minority markets. These markets have been a way of life for the ethnic minority people who run them for centuries. Young couples meet here, horses are traded, food is eaten and the wonderful embroidered fabric for which tribes like the Flower H’Mong, Black H’Mong and Giay are renown, are traded and sold. You will mix and associate with people whose lives haven’t changed for generations.
- Take 10 km of trekking to visit famous ethnic villages in Sapa: Lao Chai, Ta Van…
- Explore the town of Sapa, famous for its pleasant climate and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
- Explore Bac Ha Market for shopping and tasting kinds of delicious local food.
In this tour, you will have 2 nights experience on train and 1 night at hotel in Sapa.
Transport by night train
- Tour guide pick up from your hotel to Hanoi train station .
- Train return tickets in 04 berths sharing cabinet, A/C Wooden Soft sleeper.(If you would like to upgrade to the private 2-berth cabin, please contact us).
- Local English speaking guide (other language guide is upon your request)
- Twin /Double rooms at hotel in Sapa
- Meal as mentioned in program (B= Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner ) in the local restaurants or picnics where no suitable restaurant available.
- Entrance fees, sightseeing fee for all visits as mentioned in the program
- Purified water and wet towel
- Private car transfer in Sapa
- All taxes and service charge
- Hotel early check-in
- Other meal
- Tip to guide and driver
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Other services not mentioned above
Minimum 30% Deposit to confirm the Voucher
Pre Full Paid before Departure
- A reservation requires a deposit of 50% of the total price.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 07 days before arrival.
- If the booking is cancelled up to 10 days prior to the arrival date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 10 days prior to the arrival date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
What to bring:
- Original passport with valid visa
- Camera and rolls of film
- Wide brim hat
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Warm clothes (in the winnter)
- Small amount of cash
- Personal medicines
- Insect repellent
We will let you know in booking confirmation
Tour Detail Itinerary
Number of day
Number of Night
20.30pm: tour guide come to pick you up from your hotel then transfer to Ha Noi Railway Station and catch the night train to Lao Cai (overnight on the train, the cabin with 4 berths, soft sleeper and air-conditioning). Arrive Lao Cai 5:30 or 6:00am.
Sapa is the focal point for mountain travel in Vietnam, and is a riot of colour and atmosphere as people from the myriad ethnic minorities of the hills gather in the markets.
The ‘Flower Hmong’ wear rainbow-coloured smocks, while the Red Dao’s traditional costume is a more muted indigo but topped off with a bright red headdress. When all of the mountain people congregate, the result is a feast for the eyes and the senses.
*** It takes about 9 hours to go from Hanoi to Sapa by night train.
The train arrives at around 6:00 am. Look for the “Trekking Sapa’s Logo & Your Name” sign when you exit the train station, as our guide will pick you up there and transfer from Lao Cai to Bac Ha market to soak in the vibrant atmosphere of the Bac Ha Sunday Markets – the largest in the region. Observe the mix of Flower H’mong, Phu La, Black Dao, Tay and Nung ethnic minority traders that journey to the market from the surrounding mountainous areas. Browse the colourful stalls stocking a variety of local products, brightly coloured handicrafts and fresh tea. You will join local ethnic peoples of the morning to enjoy the exciting atmosphere as well as activities of this market. Have lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch, driver to visit Hoang A Tuong’s palace, otherwise known as the outlandish Vua Meo. Constructed by the French in 1921 in an unusual ‘oriental baroque’ style, it resembles a hybrid between an exotic church and a French chateau and was used to entertain the Flower H’mong chief Hoang A Tuong. Continue to visit Ban Pho Village before saying goodbye Bac Ha to Sapa. Arrive in Sapa, check in hotel and free time for relaxing or visiting local market.
Approx: 5 km of trekking with about 4 hours, Over 170 km of driving from Lao Cai to Bac Ha market and travel to Sapa.
Following a hotel breakfast, meet your guide in the morning and depart on a second trek from the town of Sapa to Golden Stream valley. Today’s trekking offers more stunning views of rice terraces and gardens as well as Mt Fansipan, whose summit rises 10,312 feet (3,143 meters) above sea level. After crossing a suspension bridge, marvel at the breathtaking scenery as you continue through the Golden Stream valley, stopping at Lao Chai village for lunch.
After your meal, follow your guide on a walk through this village where Black Hmong people reside and continue on to Ta Van village, home to the Dzay tribe. This part of the hike is relatively easy, though the trail can be quite slippery if it rains, so good footwear is recommended. You’ll visit with some local families and learn about their daily lifestyle and fascinating culture, before departing to the main road to meet up with your driver and return to Sapa.
A shower is available at our office in Sapa, followed by an afternoon free to explore the town on your own. In the evening, The car will pick you up for the night train back to Hanoi. Arrive at Lao Cai train station and take the night train back to Hanoi.
Upon arrival at Hanoi train station, your time with us comes to an end. Here you can catch a taxi back to your hotel by yourself. Finish unforgettable Sapa Tour with TrekkingSapa. Good bye & see you in the next time!
Approx: 10 km of trekking with about 6 hours, Over 30 km of driving from Sapa to Lao Cai station with about over 1 hour.
- Private Group
- Adventure Activities
- Private Couple
- Group of Friends
- Family with Children
- Old Persons over 50s
- Teenager Activities
- Executive Retreats
- Women Only
- For Everyone
Means of Transportation
- Private Car
Means of Accomodation
- Group Tour Guider