For a sightseeing tour of the northeast region, a fantastic place to start is Ba Be National Park in Ba Be District. There is a huge amount to explore here, with a vast variety of flora and fauna, as well as interesting geology and landscapes to discover.
Ba Be National Park has featured in hundreds of newspapers, magazines, forums, and blogs, but nothing can prepare you for experiencing its intoxicating landscapes and clear waters first hand. The lakes have a lot to offer, including waterfalls, rivers, valleys, lakes, and caves all set amidst picturesque landscapes dedicated to those of you who are looking for the true peace of mind with the help of nature lake, the vast limestone mountain range, several caves to find, with beautiful rock formations that have developed over millions of years and local food in a unique natural environment.
We share your desire for the latter option and promise that nature knows how to return your kindness. Surrounded by the lush green of the forest, we hope you enjoy your time spent exploring the lakes, caves, mountains
- Visit the marvelous Museum of the Culture of the Ethnic Minorities of Vietnam
- Bamboo raft ride on Ba Be lake or cycling around the area to visit the ethnic minority villages
- Hiking and trekking
- Visit beautiful rural villages along the riverbank
- Enjoy delicious al fresco meal with a local Tay family with plenty of local specialties and possibly some local rice wine
- Take a relaxing boat ride and kayak journey
- Discover the life of authentic ethnic minority village
- Stay at local homestay
- Take amazing photos of the terraced fields.
The different types of accommodation at Ba Be Lake tour are you will using natural materials in a traditional way at a homestay .You will stay two nights at Homestay, all of our spaces are clean, comfortable, and cool and come equipped with mosquito nets, bedding, towels, and fans.
Food and Beverage
Food is the life cycle – this life has been moving, creating, and dancing for vast periods of time and timelessness. Food is in this great event, with respect, love, joy, and creativity. Eating local, seasonal, simple, organic, colorful, and delicious food. Meals are also a time for our community to gather and share in a moment of awareness
During the tour, you will be served two 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 2 dinners.
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes.
We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking
- A/C transfer
- Boat trip on Ba Be lake
Hiking and trekking with
- a 6 -8-hour boat trip on day 2
- a 2 – 4 km hike on day 3Climate
- From July to September, the climate is usually humid and hot.
- From October to June brings cooler and more pleasant weather.
- Our experienced and friendly Tour Guide(s) speak excellent English.
- They are extremely knowledgeable about local cultures, history, and the environment
- A/C transfer
- Boat trip on Ba Be lake
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B:
- Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- No extra charge after confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above.
Minimum 30% Deposit to confirm the Voucher
Pre Full Paid before Departure
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- Surcharge 70% rate of adult for children (5-11 years) sharing bed with parents.
Over 11 years is adult’s rate.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.What to take
- Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
- It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat…
We will pick up you from your hotel
We will let you know in booking confirmation
Tour Detail Itinerary
Number of day
Number of Night
You will be collected from your hotel in Hanoi between 07:30 and 08:00. On the way, you will stop in Thai Nguyen to visit the marvelous Museum of the Culture of the Ethnic Minorities of Vietnam, followed by lunch at a street restaurant. You will then leave the main road to take a smaller one snaking through the mountains and tea plantations. When you arrive in the Tay village of Coc Toc, welcomed by a local guide and his amazingly friendly Tay family at their traditional wooden stilt house. If it’s hot, you can copy the local kids and take a refreshing dip in the lake to cool down. In the evening, you will enjoy a superb dinner with the lovely family on the lake terrace. You will spend the night in local Homestay.
After enjoying breakfast on the terrace, you will take a short drive to the house owner’s boat, which will take you through the three lakes which make up Ba Be and up the Nang River Dong Puong, an enormous tunnel (300m long by 30m high) which stretches through the limestone mountain. We will continue to Cam Ha village where you can observe the peaceful life of the Tay people amongst the green rice fields. The boat will then venture upriver to the small village of Hua Tang, the quintessential simple, and authentic ethnic minority village! You will have lunch in a local house alongside the river.
After lunch, you will take a short walk (20 m) through the jungle takes you to the very scenic Dau Dang Waterfalls. You can then continue the trail to arrive in a large river bend full of colorful local life, with a small harbor. Here the locals unload goods onto their boats to travel across the lake. You will return by boat for another delightful evening in Local Homestay.
After breakfast, we will stroll along the riverfront, and visit the lovely Pac Ngoi Village where most Tay people live in traditional houses. You can hike to the upper reaches of the lake, in an area marked by massive limestone cliffs and mountains. Later, your driver will take you to amazing Hua Ma cave and up onto a pass where you can to take amazing photos of the terraced fields. After lunch in a local restaurant, you will continue your journey back to Hanoi, arriving there at around 17:30
- Customize Tour
- Private Group
- Adventure Activities
- History & Culture
- Walking & Trekking
- Private Couple
- Group of Friends
- Family with Children
- Old Persons over 50s
- Teenager Activities
- Executive Retreats
- Women Only
- For Everyone
Means of Transportation
- Private Car
Means of Accomodation
- Group Tour Guider