Immersing yourself in the breathtaking beauty sceneries of Mai Chau Valley and Pu Luong Nature Reserve, getting really deep into daily life of ethnic people, exploring untouched corners are what this tour brings to you.
Only three hours by car from Hanoi, Mai Chau is one of the most beautiful valleys in the Northwestern Vietnam listed on tourist map. Mai Chau is a colorful paintings filled with natural beauty of paddy fields, dense forest and uniquely specific culture of Thai people, one of 54 ethnic minorities of Vietnam.
Far from Mai Chau about 35km, Pu Luong Nature Reserve located in the Quan Hoa and Ba Thuoc Districts of Northern Vietnam. Pu Luong Nature Reserve comprises 43,643 acres (17,662 hectares) is one of the largest swathes of limestone mountain forest remaining in the nation. The reserve attracts eco-tourists from around the globe with its incredible biodiversity, spectacular natural sceneries: limestone mountain forest, magnificent terraced rice fields.
Just get yourself ready for a lot of amazing moments and unforgettable experience.
- Admire the beauty of Mai Chau Valley and Pu Luong Nature Reserve
- Spend two nights at Mai Chau Ecolodge – the first hi-class accommodation in the beautiful valley of Mai Chau.
- Discover tribal culture
- Cycle through a sea of green/yellow rice (subject to rice season) in Mai Chau Valley.
- Hiking with a knowledgeable and private guide past cool streams, rice paddies and forested mountains in Pu Luong Nature Reserve
- Enjoy healthy local food
In this program, you will be staying at Mai Chau Ecolodge – the first hi-class accommodation in beautiful valley of Mai Chau. Sitting atop a private hill in Na Phon village, Mai Chau Ecolodge is the most secluded haven in Mai Chau with a stunning backdrop of lush rice paddies and emerald mountains embraced by clouds. Inspired by nature, the lodge was
Sitting atop a private hill in Na Phon village, Mai Chau Ecolodge is the most secluded haven in Mai Chau with a stunning backdrop of lush rice paddies and emerald mountains embraced by clouds. Inspired by nature, the lodge was constructed to be a refuge of charm and serenity, providing guests with a chance to forget about the worries of daily life and to enjoy the best Mai Chau has to offer.
The Mai Chau Ecolodge was built entirely from natural materials with thatched roofs, bamboo interiors, wooden furniture and outdoor jungle showers. Every bungalow was meticulously designed to embody the local stilt house style and traditional Thai ethnic culture. The absence of television and other entertainment facilities keep our lodges true to what it stands for – a place to get back to nature.
Food and Beverage
You will enjoy healthy local food with 2 breakfast, 3 lunches and 2 dinners that are included in the package.
Private high quality and comfortable car.
- Accommodation for 2 nights at Mai Chau Ecolodge
- Private car round trip (Hanoi center – Mai Chau Ecolodge – Hanoi center).
- Private car from Mai Chau Ecolodge to Pu Luong Nature Reserve on second day
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Private English speaking guide from Hanoi
- Free use of bike & swimming pool at Mai Chau Ecolodge
- Traditional dance show with local wine at Mai Chau Ecolodge
- Taxes and service charges
- Laundry charge
- Other personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned above
Minimum 30% Deposit to confirm the Voucher
Pre Full Paid before Departure
- A reservation requires a deposit of 50% of the total price.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 07 days before arrival.
- If the booking is cancelled up to 10 days prior to the arrival date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 10 days prior to the arrival date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
What to bring:
- Change of clothes
- Sunglasses, sunblock and hat
- Insect repellent
- Personal first aid kit and any medication
- Spending money for small purchases
- Moderate- to high-level trekking is involved; inexperienced trekkers or those with health conditions are not advised to take this tour.
- Minimum age is 12
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Accommodations are basic, including a provided mattress and blanket, with bathroom facilities located outside the stilt houses.
We will let you know in booking confirmation
Tour Detail Itinerary
Number of day
Number of Night
Depart from Hanoi center at 08:00 AM to Mai Chau – an idyllic valley home to many hill tribes including the Dzao, Muong and Thai. Arrive in Mai Chau around noon, enjoy lunch. Check in your room at 14:00.
In the afternoon, cycle to explore Mai Chau beautiful ethnic villages including Na Thia, Nhot, Pom Coong, Lac and Chieng Chau villages. Be welcomed by the friendly local people, talk with them and discover their traditional culture. Stopping over at Nhót Village, dropping in on a Thai family – Mr. Điệp’s house, be welcomed by the friendly local people, talk with them and discover their traditional culture and stilt house. Enjoying local fruit and tea, try weaving, embroidering, pounding rice, watch Kenglong performance and how to make wine. Total cycling time is around 2 – 3 hours on flat village paths. Take it all in: the spectacular scenery of Mai Chau and the relaxed rhythm of local life.
Back to Mai Chau Ecolodge for dinner. Enjoy a traditional dance show and taste Ruou Can, a local rice wine. Overnight stay at Mai Chau Ecolodge.
07.00: Having breakfast at the restaurant of Mai Chau Ecolodge
08.30: Get on car transferring to Pù Luông natural reserve (in Thanh Hóa province) which is 1,45hrs to 2 hrs driving away from Mai Chau Ecolodge.
10.30: Arrive Đôn village and then start the off road trekking tour from Đôn village and passing some tribal villages (Kho Mường village, Trình village…). We can have an overview of Kho Mường village from the road on the top side. After 1 hour following small muddy trails, getting through dense forest and tracking along stream to reach Trình village, you will catch plenty of rural beautiful scenery of local life, people doing farm-work. The rustic beauty here will amaze you definitely.
11.30: From Trình village we will go by car to Nủa village (only 30 minutes transferring)
12.00: Arrive Nủa village and stop at one of the local house-hold , then having lunch at this local house – A really traditional and fantastic lunch with lots of cuisines such as domestic chicken, bamboo roots, grilled pork paste…. Take time to get knowledge on their culture and life. And you will be amazed by the house owners’ friendliness
13.00: Take a rest before starting to trekk from Nủa to Hươu village.
15.00: Arrive Pho Doan to join the car back to Ecolodge (take a different way back to catch different seeing of amazing giant bamboo water wheels)
17.00: Back to Mai Chau Ecolodge
19.00: Enjoy dinner at Mai Chau Ecolodge’s restaurant.
20.45: Enjoy a traditional dance show and taste Ruou Can, a local rice wine
Overnight stay at Mai Chau Ecolodge.
After breakfast, spend full morning to relax with the comfort of your room or unwind at swimming pool & massage centre (surcharge for massage service is applied). You can also choose to explore the surroundings on your own. Check out around 12.00 PM. Have lunch. 14:00 take transfer back to Hanoi center. Ends an amazing 3 days tour.
- Private Group
- Adventure Activities
- Walking & Trekking
- Private Couple
- Group of Friends
- Family with Children
- Old Persons over 50s
- Teenager Activities
- Executive Retreats
- Women Only
- For Everyone
Means of Transportation
- Private Car
Means of Accomodation
- Group Tour Guider